With already 20 Indian Armed Forces soldier killed during combat with Chinese Forces, it’s high time we stop using Chinese products. You would argue that most of the products are Chinese, but we can abandon them at least as much as we can or at least try.
Social Media has taken to storm for boycotting Chinese goods as much as possible with people using hashtags like #boycottchina, #boycottmadeinchina, #boycottchineseproducts, etc.
Some people are saying that it’s Indian shopkeeper’s loss who stocked up Chinese goods. So, if you buy those Chinese goods, then the shopkeeper will see that the Chinese goods are selling well & will again stock up the next month & so on. But if you don’t buy Chinese goods from them, then the present stock will not sell & that’s the reason they will stop stocking Chinese goods from the next month onwards.
I hope that you are not so much desperate about or can’t live without Chinese goods, where the soldiers are ready to give their lives in the borders, but you aren’t ready to give up the Chinese goods. Part of the money you’re paying for the product goes to the Chinese govt. & they use it to buy arms & ammunitions that are used to kill our soldiers.
Don’t let these soldier’s sacrifices go into vain.
But, with abandoning Chinese goods or uninstalling Chinese apps, we are creating an advantage for foreign countries like US & others to dominate the Indian market or Indian app space. So, it’s better to look for an Indian alternative first, if you don’t get one or the one you get is not up to the mark, then only go for the foreign apps.
- Web Browser: UC Browser, Mi Browser, Vivo Browser, Oppo Browser — Jio Browser, Epic Browser
- Video Conferencing: Zoom — SayNamaste.in, Jio Meet(to be launched soon)
- Document Scanner: Cam Scanner — Zoho Doc Scanner
- File Manager: ES File Explorer, Clean Master — Jio Security
- File Share: Xender, ShareIt — Jio Switch, ShareAll
- News: UC News — Jio News, Dailyhunt
- Private Storage: Vault —
- Battery Saver: DU Battery Saver —
- Video Recorder: DU Recorder —
- E-commerce: Alibaba, Club Factory, Shein — Ajio, Tata Cliq, Snapdeal, Shopclues
- Chat: WeChat — Jio Chat, Hike
- Video Editor: VivaVideo — Photo Video Maker
- Short Video: Tiktok, Kwai, Vigo Video, VMate — Roposo
- Selfie Camera: BeautyPlus, YouCam Perfect — Indian Selfie Camera
- Office Suite: WPS Office —
- VPN: Turbo VPN — Proton VPN(Switzerland)
- Games: PubG, Call of Duty —
Other Indian Alternatives for Foreign Apps
- Online Payment: GPay — BHIM, Jio Money(to be re-launched soon)
- Web Search: Google Search, Bing Search — 13 Tabs
- News: Google News — Jio News, Dailyhunt
- Songs: Spotify, Google Play Music, Sound Cloud — JioSaavn, Gaana, Wynk Music
- Travel Bookings: Booking.com, Airbnb, Expedia — Makemytrip, Goibibo, OYO, Fab Hotels
- OTT Platforms: Netflix, Amazon Prime — Hotstar, Zee5, Voot, ALT Balaji
- Dating: Tinder, Okcupid — Truly Madly
- Video Streaming: Youtube — PlayView.in
Foreign Brands – Apple, Samsung, Nokia, LG, Asus, HTC
Chinese Brands – One Plus, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Real Me, Huawei, Lenovo, Coolpad, Honor, Motorola(under Lenovo), Haier, Gfive, Honor,
Indian Brands – LYF, Lava, Micromax, Karbonn, Intex, iBall, Xolo, Celkon
Foreign Brands – Apple, Dell, HP, Aser, Asus
Chinese Brands – Lenovo, Xiaomi, Huawei
Indian Brands – iBall, Micromax, RDP, AGB, Smartron, Lava, Coconics, Dektron
Foreign Brands – Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Asus, LG, HP, Nokia
Chinese Brands – Lenovo, Xiaomi, Huawei
Indian Brands – iBall, Lava, Micromax, HCL, Xolo
Foreign Brands – Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Philips, Sansui
Chinese Brands – OnePlus, Xiaomi Mi, Haier, TCL
Indian Brands – Videocon, Onida, Micromax, Intex, BPL, Nacson, Cloud Walker, Detel, Weston, Dektron, Adsun, Avoir
Other Hardware, Utensils, Equipment, etc.
From next time while checking the price tag, don’ just see the price but also the brand & it’s made in which country.
- Indian Brand, Made in India – Go for it.
- Indian Brand, Made in China – First look for alternatives, if not found go for it.
- Chinese Brand, Made in India – First look for alternatives,if not found go for it.
- Chinese Brand, Made in China – Don’t go for it.
Live Simply so that others can Simply Live
Still, you will say it’s impossible to take out all chinese goods from our lives as often in many cases raw materials are imported from China & they are made or assembled in India. It’s often difficult to know whether a product’s brand is or made in which country. In short, there is something Chinese always. So to reduce the influence of Chinese products, you can start consuming them less & start living a simple life with only the needs & lesser of the wants as much as possible.
As you reduce your unnecessary consumption, it will have a positive impact on the environment as well. Environment is polluted while production of goods. We may not understand much of climate change impact in the city, but the most negative impact it has on people who live close to nature especially in hilly regions.
As Sonam Wangchuk started the #LiveSimply campaign, urging people to live a simple life so that the people living close to nature & in hilly regions can simply live.